25 Jun Leaning into partnerships during times of crisis
Healthcare Ready’s COVID-19 activation has now been going on since January. We continue to respond to COVID-19, while preparing for the 2020 hurricane season. As we prepare, we know that we will lean on our longstanding partnerships. We are extremely thankful for our partners, who have worked tirelessly to ensure that patients and communities are supported throughout this pandemic, while planning for future needs as well. The adaptability and desire to help that our partners have shown has been so incredible that we wanted to stop and recognize them for their wonderful contributions!
Emergency management requires a commitment to helping people throughout any disaster, in preparation, response and recovery. The COVID-19 pandemic’s long-term nature means it is beginning to interact with other potential disasters, such as hurricane season. Unique responses like this make that commitment even more important. When faced with challenges, partnering with organizations that prioritize helping others makes our work much more successful—we could not be more grateful to all of our partners for their determination and drive towards those goals!
Therefore, we wanted to take a moment and highlight some of our partners who have gone to incredible lengths to support the response to the COVID-19 emergency. This is a public “THANK YOU” to our trusted, longstanding partners with whom we have worked closely for many activations. These organizations have gone above and beyond to support patients and healthcare systems during disasters like COVID-19. They have shown generosity and dedication through their support, donations, and guidance during this response. Some of our partners have taken on the roles of coordinating key response tools, including supporting Rx Open, and others have provided guidance through the creation of key informational documents, such as resources promoting awareness of patient assistance programs!
- Thank you to the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) for their continued support by being a member, as well as working with us to raise awareness of prescription assistance programs through briefings and convenings. In addition, PhRMA’s Medicine Assistance Tool has been an invaluable resource, allowing patients to discover patient assistance programs that can help them afford needed medications. Tools like this are an exemplification of the drive to help others that makes it rewarding to partner with PhRMA.
- Thank you to the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), first for their membership role in supporting Healthcare Ready, but especially for the BIO Coronavirus Hub. The Coronavirus Hub is an online platform to connect companies that have capacity and resources with those that need them. Healthcare Ready has helped manage the hub, and facilitated connections between available resources and needs. Thanks to the Hub, we have been able to coordinate successful connections that ranged from donations on a massive, nation-wide scale, to arranging for small healthcare providers to obtain the limited amount of PPE they need to keep their patients safe.
- The National Council for Prescription Drug Programs Foundation has been an invaluable partner, thanks to their ongoing support for Rx Open. This support includes the provision of data without which we could not have the tool, as well as support for our Rx Open data questions as we work to improve Rx Open. Due to COVID-19, Rx Open has been stood up with information on open pharmacies throughout the United States for the first time in its 12-year history. The support of the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs Foundation has made this incredible achievement possible!
- It is always great to work with our partners in pharmacy, but in particular we want to thank the National Association of Chain Drug Stores and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists for their support in creating the COVID-19 FAQ for Pharmacists and Patients resource. This helpful document is intended to provide COVID-19 pandemic guidance and resources to pharmacies and pharmacists and their patients on prescription medications.
- Finally, a major thank you to all of our members! Your continued support and contributions make it possible for us to maintain the operations necessary to ramp up during events like COVID-19. That helps us, help others in their times of need!
As this response continues, Healthcare Ready is excited to continue strengthening these long-lasting partnerships and hopes to continue them far into the future! Thank you to all of our partners who help protect patients during disasters like COVID-19!
- The Healthcare Supply Chain & Its Role in a Pandemic
- What does our new normal look like post-pandemic?
- Everyone has a role in vaccine education
- Promoting Mental Health and Resilience during COVID 19
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the COVID-19 Vaccine for Parents of Adolescents
- Infographic: COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents Side Effects
- Infographic: COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents Checklist