Healthcare Ready Patient Resources page offers tools and resources for patients to assist in personal preparedness.
Healthcare Ready Free Tools and Resources
Healthcare Ready is committed to building resilient communities that can withstand and recover from the negative impacts of disasters and disease outbreaks. Today these hazardous events are on the rise, which is why it’s critical that we take steps to protect and enhance the health and well-being of all before the next crisis strikes.
In 2005, the world watched as Hurricane Katrina devastated communities, caused disproportionate harm, and revealed deep structural and systemic inequities throughout the region that still exist. Examples like this are why we maintain an equity-centerd approach in all our activities — our mission depends upon it. This includes our partnerships with the healthcare and emergency management sectors, and efforts that encourage partner stakeholders to apply an equity lens in mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery activities.
Preparedness encompasses the efforts we make, prior to disaster. Healthcare Ready offers several tools and resources to patients to support personal preparedness, and the ability to adapt to unexpected events with limited impacts to health.
- Rx Open: Rx Open is a resource to assist in communication, sharing the location and status of every pharmacy across the US. Since 2008, Rx Open has been used for dozens of events, with the activation in response to COVID-19 being the longest continuous activation in the tool’s history. At the beginning of 2020, Healthcare Ready refreshed Rx Open’s user interface and added new search features to make finding open pharmacies even easier. The new version of the map also lets us share the status of other facility types. This feature, plus a partnership with the Kidney Community Emergency Response Program (KCER), allowed us to add the status of dialysis centers to the map in March 2023. The ability for Rx Open to quickly show how an area is being impacted, as opposed to just individual pharmacies, makes it a useful tool for emergency response leaders.
- Disaster Tip Sheets: Healthcare Ready has prepared PDFs for easy downloading with everything you need to know about several different health emergencies and natural disasters. Each sheet is equipped with local healthcare facility names and phone numbers, helpful hotline numbers and other information specific to each emergency. The emergency tip sheets available include :
Healthcare Ready Hotline
- Hotline: If you would like to request assistance from Healthcare Ready during a disaster or for support in finding additional help for maintaining access to medications and healthcare services, call our hotline at 866- 247-2694 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Homepage – Get the most up to date information on storm and weather forecasts.
- The World Health Organization’s MPOWER guidelines provide the foundation for countries to implement and manage tobacco control.
- PhRMA’s Medical Assistance Tool is a search engine designed to help patients, caregivers and health care providers learn more about the resources available through the various biopharmaceutical industry programs.
- FEMA’s Emergency Prescription Drug Program helps people in a federally-identified disaster area who do not have health insurance get the prescription drugs, vaccinations, medical supplies, and equipment that they need.
About Healthcare Ready
Healthcare Ready is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to ensure patient access to healthcare in times of disaster, emergency, and disease outbreaks. We leverage unique relationships with government, nonprofit and medical supply chains to build and enhance the resiliency of communities before, during and after disasters. Learn more about Healthcare Ready
To request the help of our Emergency Operations Center, contact us at email@example.com.
Sign up here.to receive email notifications from Healthcare Ready