Healthcare Ready was created in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, when a group of organizations in the healthcare supply chain began coordinating their efforts to better respond to the crisis.
In the 10 years and over 60 events since, countless more companies, associations, and individuals have reached out to us in the same generous spirit as our founding organizations – to help ensure tragedies like the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina never happen again. To make a donation for general support, please contact us at Membership@HealthcareReady.org
Membership to Healthcare Ready
Membership to Healthcare Ready provides organizations of all sizes with benefits aligned with Healthcare Ready’s core mission of building communities’ resiliency. Members enjoy:
- Indispensable support services before, during, and after disasters
- A trusted advocate and resource on preparedness and resilience policy
- A respected, independent platform to recognize the contributions of our members and the private sector health industry at large
Healthcare Ready works with members to provide tailored services that meet each organization’s unique needs, including:
- Access to decision-makers in state and federal emergency management, public health, and homeland security agencies
- Accurate and timely information during disasters to help address supply chain issues
- Direct support during disasters, including credentialing assistance and regulatory guidance
Interested in joining Healthcare Ready, or learning more about how Healthcare Ready can help your company enhance their preparedness posture? Email us at Membership@HealthcareReady.org
* Healthcare Ready is currently updating our membership benefits for 2019. Please contact us for details.
In recent years, Healthcare Ready’s capabilities, experience and programs have grown beyond disaster response and now include research, training and other projects performed for/with the public and private sector. Recent and current programs include:
Highly regarded and widely distributed by federal, state and local agencies, disaster relief organizations, including the American Red Cross, and countless other public and private organizations in a disaster, Rx Open has provides critical information on the operating status of pharmacies for thousands of people during disasters at no cost to users.
Support for Rx Open is critical for Healthcare Ready’s ability to continuously update the system through data feeds and direct feedback from the field, as well as updating and maintaining the technology used.
Training Development & Presentations
Healthcare Ready can develop customized training materials on a wide array of public health and preparedness topics. We have developed curricula and delivered trainings for a spectrum of audiences, including federal agencies such as the CDC’s Division for the Strategic National Stockpile and private sector companies. Healthcare Ready staff are recognized and certified experts in business continuity with a wealth of experience designing and delivering customized trainings for your organization.
Research and Reports
Recent work by Healthcare Ready includes:
- A first-of-its-kind study and related resources funded by HHS, on challenges to private sector access and re-entry to restricted sites during disasters, Access Denied: Delivery of Critical Healthcare Products and Personnel to Disaster Sites.
- A report on the feasibility of pharmacies sending mobile alerts during public health emergencies.
- A nationwide poll and analysis of over 1,100 adults representative of the U.S. population on citizens’ attitudes and activities related to preparedness. This data and analysis was used to shape plans, inform policymakers, and bring visibility to areas of need.
Whether you would like to sponsor an existing project, discuss a new idea, or discuss a partnership opportunity, please reach out to us at Contactus@HealthcareReady.org.
To read our official privacy statement click here.