2023 Government Shutdown Potential Impacts
Healthcare Ready is currently STANDBY for impact of the Government Shutdown. We are monitoring supply chain needs and community impact with the assistance of our private and public sector partners.
- There are less than two weeks until the September 30 deadline for Congress to pass 12 spending bills to avert a government shutdown.
- There are currently two options for Congress if new appropriations bills are not enacted by October 1:
- Pass 12 appropriation bills by September 30 or the government will shut down until they are passed into law.
- Pass a short-term continuing resolution that will keep agencies operational through a specified date.
- Every government shutdown has different impacts to federal agencies and departments however essential services remain running – such as processing Medicare claims.
- Potential Impacts can be made to the following healthcare facilities:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Centers and Health Centers Workforce
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Veterans Affairs
- Pandemic Preparedness (PAHPA)
About Healthcare Ready
Healthcare Ready is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to ensure patient access to healthcare in times of disaster, emergency, and disease outbreaks. We leverage unique relationships with government, nonprofit and medical supply chains to build and enhance the resiliency of communities before, during and after disasters. Learn more about Healthcare Ready
To request the help of our Emergency Operations Center, contact us at email@example.com.
Sign up here.to receive email notifications from Healthcare Ready