Healthcare Ready is currently MONITORING for any impacts from the winter storm(s) and impending storms. We are monitoring supply chain needs and community impact with the assistance of our private and public sector partners.
- Winter Storm Impact
- Flood warnings and high winds affected New Jersey to Maine.
- Rain caused delays, school closures, and power outages for thousands.
- Up to 3 inches of rain raised flood risks in the mid-Atlantic and New England.
- Power Outages and Damage
- Over 250,000 customers in NY, NJ, and PA lost power.
- Winds exceeding 50-60 mph caused disruptions in New England.
- School closures and delays due to storm impacts were widespread.
- Blizzard conditions persisted in the Pacific Northwest.
- Damages and Deaths
- Storm-related incidents caused at least 5 deaths and injuries across the Midwest and Southeast.
- Dam break in Connecticut led to power cuts for safety.
- Flight delays and cancellations affected over 330 flights.
- Continued Severe Weather
- Over 150 rivers along the Atlantic Coast were at flood stage.
- Predictions of a bomb cyclone, arctic blast, and significant snowstorms ahead.
- Impacts expected to intensify, with temperatures dropping to dangerous levels.
- Ongoing Power Outages
- Over 140,000 without power in New York due to strong winds.
- Significant outages in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and the Midwest.
Healthcare Ready’s Role During the Winter Storm(s)
Healthcare Ready works to monitor and evaluate the situation around the damage and provide analysis of the implications. We aim to provide information across sectors to supply information to all parties involved or impacted. Healthcare Ready is focusing efforts on highlighting challenges and supporting solutions to these challenges.
About Healthcare Ready
Healthcare Ready is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to ensure patient access to healthcare in times of disaster, emergency, and disease outbreaks. We leverage unique relationships with government, nonprofit and medical supply chains to build and enhance the resiliency of communities before, during and after disasters. Learn more about Healthcare Ready
To request the help of our Emergency Operations Center, contact us at email@example.com.
Sign up here.to receive email notifications from Healthcare Ready