Healthcare Ready is ENGAGED for the 2022 hurricane season. We are in rigorous communication with private and public sector partners to monitor impacts, shortages, supply chain needs, and potential vulnerabilities. We’re also standing ready to assist.
This page contains updates to provide situational awareness around current hurricane response as well as free resources and state-specific information to assist healthcare facilities, communities, and individuals prepare for and respond to hurricanes.
Healthcare Ready’s Assistance Includes
- Rapid access to the right contacts in the private sector or government
- Coordination with federal, state and local officials, nonprofits and shelters to ensure coordination and assistance with access to medicine
- Coordination with HHS, FEMA, state EOCs, and private sector companies
- Assistance with donations to shelters
- Facilitating access to healthcare facilities to ensure deliveries and personnel have access into restricted areas or with resuming operations
- Sharing information and promoting the use of medicine assistance programs
Healthcare Ready is Closely Monitoring the Following Areas
- Supply chain operations, including demand for pharmaceuticals, personal protective equipment, and issues related to workforce, business continuity, and border restrictions.
- Response of the US health system to mitigate the impact domestically. Healthcare Ready is working with health systems to understand their concerns and coordinating with federal partners to understand healthcare and public health impacts.
- Humanitarian assistance efforts to coordinate donations and supplies for where they’re most needed